[Diy_efi] EFI system data

Kent Martin kentmartin at froggy.com.au
Tue Jul 23 08:28:53 GMT 2002

Does anyone out there know what the average injector open time is for a low
impedance injector,
and also the minimum off time to allow it to close.
I also need to know info of (average) coil charge and breakdown times.
I am writing an EMS and need this info.
If anyone has an idea of what features are available on commercial systems
or maybe some
they would like to see I would appreciate the input.

Also a question regarding increasing injector pressure to increase flow.
If injector fuel pressure is increased how much more current will be
required to hold it open,
proportional to fuel pressure increase?
What is the duty cycle required to keep the average injector open (assuming
a 20 Khz frequency)?

Kent.