[Diy_efi] Ignition Hardware Driver Stage

Richard M richm at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 24 12:46:08 GMT 2002

Markus,
If you are doing all the timing and dwell control in the ECU, and just want
a power driver device to be controlled from TTL levels and switch the coil
for you, there are a couple of discrete IGBT devices available to do just
that:
Motorola MGP20N40CL
http://www.onsemi.com/productSummary/0,4317,MGP20N40CL,00.html
Philips BUK856-400IZ
http://www.semiconductors.philips.com/pip/buk856-400_iz_2

Both have logic-level gate drive requirements and overvoltage protection
built in, they are virtually indestructible providing you don't overload
them thermally.

Hope this helps.

Rich