[Diy_efi] EFI system data

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Wed Jul 24 20:13:57 GMT 2002

The 20KHz during the on period is to provide current limiting for a
peak/hold injector?  It seems like you could do something clever with a
555 or two on each injector output.  Like have the injector output from
the MCU enable a 20 KHz 555 PWM circuit, where the 555 PWM ratio is
controlled by a decaying RC circuit.  Or a sawtooth output from a second
555.  Or something like that.  You don't want to do that in software
(but you already knew that).

--steve

Kent Martin wrote:

> The MCU does have pwm output but I'm superimposing a 20Khz square on top of
> the injector
> on period. To do this I must have an interrupt at each toggle of the output
> or use another timer to
> stop the 20Khz timer. This would require two timers for each injector and
> this is not desirable
> as it has only 11 timers, and I need a few others as well. |A ballast
> resistor I would have thought would
> give a slower opening time and more non linearity of  volume with open time,
> plus it's a bit low
> tech for me.
>
> Kent.

Steve Ravet