[Diy_efi] EMS inputs/output?

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Fri Jul 26 11:25:55 GMT 2002

We appear to have run into a slight disconnect related to your original post

viz: 'Does anyone out there know what the average injector open time is for
a low
impedance injector,
and also the minimum off time to allow it to close.'

AND

'What is the duty cycle required to keep the average injector open (assuming
a 20 Khz frequency)?'

Obviously quite wrongly it was assumed that, because you were asking these
questions, your knowledge base on some of the basics of vehicle systems was
quite low. Answers to these are available off the net from a number of
sources, but also very easy to measure if you have access to a well equipped
lab.  You haven't stated if you are doing this as part of a thesis or for
fun. If it is for fun, get something running and then add to it. If for a
thesis then you could gain valuable points by measuring an injector ( =
research).

On an open, global list it is very difficult to know enough about posters to
give a suitable answer in all cases, so you have to use the post to guage
the skill levels in order to give advice.

Bill