[Diy_efi] sequential injection timing

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Sun Jul 28 03:21:31 GMT 2002

Kent Martin wrote:

> Does any one know at what angle you should start fuel injection
> in a sequential injection arrangement. I would have assumed

It might be that injecting onto the back of the hot intake valve helps
vaporization.  I think that the injection timing really only matters for
idle and part throttle, since under moderate to heavy load the injector
would be open more than closed -- to the limit that under WOT it would
be mostly open all the time anyway (say 70-90% duty cycle) so it
wouldn't really matter much.  That said, I'm no expert by any means so I
could be off base there.  I seem to remember reading/hearing that under
heavy load you don't really gain anything from sequential vs. batch so
that implies that the timing doesn't matter much for these conditions.

Brian