[Diy_efi] Source for high reliability electrical connectors?

Andrew Brownsword asword at telus.net
Mon Jul 29 01:43:26 GMT 2002

I had a nasty problem with my car today, arising from my choice of
electrical connector for the airflow meter.  It took about 40 minutes (okay,
I'm slow, I admit it) to figure out that the metal contacts weren't doing a
very good job of being contacts.  10 seconds with some needlenose pliers and
the engine was happy again.  I'm not, however, and I don't want to have that
problem again.  In the past I've looked at a few wiring harness with an eye
toward cannibalization, but they generally don't look like they can be
re-used short of soldering the wires together (which is fraught with its own
problems).

Where do you guys normally get your new connectors?

Thanks,
  Andrew