[Diy_efi] Spark Plug readings

Brian Renegar thomas.renegar at nist.gov
Mon Jul 29 19:20:56 GMT 2002

Maybe you are seeing effects from the camera flash.  I think there is also
some anti-seeze on the electrode.  Probably got on there when I removed the
plugs, since the threads have it on them.  It wiped right off, and the
electrode looks pretty clean and smooth underneath.  No piston chunks on
it.  :)  The plugs also smelled a little like gas when I removed
them.  That, plus the fact that I have a rich tune, makes it hard for me to
believe that it's running lean.

Did not see the exhaust.  Too busy watching the road!  I need a passenger
to monitor all these things while I hammer it!  lol

Brian

P.S.  When I put the motor together, I calculated 8.7:1 compression
ratio.  Stock for this motor is 9:1.