[Diy_efi] Spark Plug readings

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jul 30 00:31:29 GMT 2002

In a nutshell, glazing for a spark plug is,
Too much heat for too long.
Most often the color is a shade of yellow, but with the tune far enough off,
you can get it in brown, gray, and bone white.
Some brands of gas happen to be more prone to it then others.   Shell loves
to turn plugs pink, and or glaze them.   For them it might have to do with
the additive package they use.
Bruce