[Diy_efi] [Diy_efi]: Using pots to "tweak" AMM output

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Tue Jul 30 00:48:26 GMT 2002

Pro Flow manufactures a unit to 'scale' MAF output.  It
has a low flow and high flow pot.

I presume that the unit has a comparator that makes the
high flow kick in.  But other than that I'd say it was
just 2 pots or 2 pots with a buffer and filtering to
take out any noise that might be introduced.

Their website is http://www.pro-flow.com but it's all
screwed up right now.

--Perry

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 05:43:18PM -0700, Kenny W wrote:
> Quoting Bruce <nacelp at bright.net>:
>

> > And AMM would mean what?.
> > If it's an air meter (MAF), it very likely the
> > output isn't linear.
>
> Sorry yeah, Air Mass Meter.
> No it's definitely not linear. But if every point on
> the "curve" is shifted down the same amount, and the
> injector delivery scaled up that same amount I MAY get
> away with it, but I see your point. That could be a
> snag. I know it's been done, but I'm not sure how
> radically bigger the injectors were.
>
> > It's a million times better to figure out the
> > actual ecm, and gets things
> > right that way.
> > Better make that 10 million.
>
> Not commonly done for Bosch LH2.0/2.2/2.4 though I
> don't think. I dunno. I just may end up with a
> megasquirt yet. ;)
>
> -Kenny
> AKA Captain Bondo

Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin