[Diy_efi] sequential injection timing

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jul 30 18:53:58 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] sequential injection timing
> Seriously though, when I injected my motor, I tried to maintain the same
> length of runners as the original pair of 2 barrel Zenith NDIX 36s but
> placed the butterflies as high up in the Independent Runners as possible
and
> put the injectors just below and as close to the butterflies as I could.
It
> works far better in economy, low end and high end than the carbs ever did,
> but I am not sure how much the carbs could have been improved with tuning.
> I am still playing with timing but have seen little change so far except
on
> the low end, things improved with doubling the injection events.
> Ron Schroeder

Without all the details, it's hard to make a direct comparison.
If the Zeniths didn't have replaceable emusion tubes, and unless they are
really optimized, all bets are off.   Then there is the issue of timing
control, and if your timing control is a function of ecm control, well a
distibutor just isn't in the same league.  I saw a noticeable difference in
doubling the events.
Bruce