[Diy_efi] newbie with a project

Scott F. Williams sfwilliams at comcast.net
Wed Jul 31 18:53:53 GMT 2002

Hey, guys. I'm a newbie around these parts and joined the list to bring up
my skills a bit. The funny thing is that in my fairly advanced hotrod
circles I am considered a technical authority. However, it is truly
refreshing to be completely overwhelmed by the truly elite information that
you guys take for granted! :^) I can not speak with the eloquence that the
M. and E.E.s can... but, I really hope that y'all can indulge me, anyway.
:^)

For the record, my goal is to develop a water injection system for my
turbocharged VW Rabbit. It already runs well with a large/efficient
intercooler, yet I am intrigued by water injection system in general. A
simple system that turns on/off at a pre-set boost level is easy to produce
and offers good results. What I want to do, however, is mate a mappable
controller with a pulsable solenoid or injector.

QUESTION:
Can anybody suggest a small and inexpensive solenoid that can cycle as fast
as 250 times/minute? It should be made of stainless components and run on
12v. My system will run at between 4 and six bar.

Thanks,
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut