[Diy_efi] Re: Line Lock

Dan Zorde dzorde at erggroup.com
Mon Jun 24 14:55:26 GMT 2002

I could be completely wrong here, so please jump in and correct.

With the system being designed to operate diagonally opposite wheels on
the car, my guess would be that if you start to swap the plumbing around
you would most likely create a system resulting in an unstable braking
system.  Presumably the system works on the principle of hard braking
causes the nose to dive and the rear to lift, rear locks up, you
transfer some of the braking power to the front.  If you swap the pipes
you'll just be transferring braking power from one locked up rear wheel
to another that may already be locked up as well, hence not much ABS
effect.  Better leave it alone and go for 2 line lock solenoids.

However I have a question regarding line locks on any ABS car.  For
instance on a 3 or 4 channel ABS system, wouldn't the ABS computer go
mental and pulse the ABS cylinders to death if it detects the front
wheels are locked and the rears are spinning ?

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com

From: "Crescent Kao" <crescent at c-speedracing.com>

>  However, on the vehicle we plan to install this on, the ABS system is
an
>front/rear alternating setup. Unlike the Ford/Chevy's where the front
wheels
>are tied to one ABS 'circuit' and the rears are tied together on
another
>'circuit', the vehicle we're working on has the front left and the rear
>right tied to one 'circuit' and the front right and left rear, tied to
>another.
>
>- OR -
>
>We can simply "reroute" the brake lines that exit the ABS unit.
Meaning,