WBO2 with Leaded Gas?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sat Mar 2 07:52:14 GMT 2002

From: <Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com>
Subject: WBO2 with Leaded Gas?
> How long can I use the WB02 sensor in a Turbo Application that uses C116
> Gas.

As a casual observer.  It seems to me to be more of a matter of how a
particular batch of fuel is blended, more then operating conditions, or
actual sensor.  In the GN world there are lots of guys that run unleaded
with the oem NB sensor, and with a given brand, some last indefiantly, and
others die instantly.

I would think that introducing the sensor to unleaded fuels, first, might
help develope a protective layer of unleaded soot, that might help.

Allowing the sensor to run at the sensor heater controlled temps is an idea
(as opposed to having the sensor right up by an exhaust port).

I've tried **remote** sensing by installing the sensor into an anti-fouler,
but the response got VERY slow.  Maybe an anti-fouler with it's nose bored
out would be an answer.
Bruce