affordable weather-pack crimper

Jurgen Hartwig jhartwig at midsouth.rr.com
Sat Mar 2 08:07:49 GMT 2002

> Is there a good source for weather-pack connector crimp tools?  I've got a
> couple of pairs of ratcheting crimpers, even a source for a set of jaws
> would be cool.  I see Waytek Wire has them for ~$90.00, anyone found a
> better price?  Chomping at the bit to start running wires on my Suburban
TPI
> project.  Thanks,

I've been looking for one also.  Actually, we're probably going to buy the
Metri Pack connectors, since they have a feature allowing splices.  Anyway,
the best price we've found for a Weatherpack crimper is $51.70 from Wire
Connections.  url is
http://www.wireconnections.com/pico/pico-our-price1.html
And part number is
0663T

I do not know if this price is still valid.

Also,
http://www.p-r-s.com/tools.htm

Also, is the weather-pack the best connector?  I do not mind spending the
money or time for a quality solution, as I've seen how frustrating such
simple problems, like bad electrical connections, can be.  Searching DIY-EFI
archives only references suppliers of the connectors.  Comments appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay