MC3334 dwell control.

MWP mwp at overclockers.com.au
Wed Mar 6 09:52:30 GMT 2002

Hi all...

My first post to diy_efi so please be patient with me :)

Ive read all the info i can find on using the MC3334, but it seems to me a
lot of people are using it incorrectly.

It seems many people are using this schematic as a base:
http://www.diy-efi.org/diy_efi/projects/ddis/ignitor.gif
... with the IN- grounded at the controlling circuitry.

>From the data sheet for thr MC3334 it seems as if gounding this output and
sending a digital signal to the IN+ completely removes the dwell
controlling section of the IC.

Has anyone found an effective way to fix this for use with a
microcontroller?

I was thinking of using a 3k:3kohm coupling transformer between the
microcontroller and the MC3334. This way the IN- should still work
correctly.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Thanks,
 MWP

----
Building a 4cly twin-coil wasted spark system using MC3334's and a Atmel
AVR At90S8535 MCU. Programmable vis RS232 from a PC.