'91 Camaro - Electric Fan Control

Ken Richardson krichar at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 7 20:44:34 GMT 2002

Does anyone on this list have any experience working with '91 GM F-body
ECMs, specifically the fan on/off temperatures?

Here's my problem. We installed a 383 stroker in a '91 Camaro and have been
burning EPROMs to correct the fuel mappings etc. Everything is working well
except I can't seem to get the fans to turn on and off when I want them to.
The first thing that happened is the fans reversed, Fan #2 was coming on
first, then Fan #1. They were coming on around 210 degrees even when I set
them to 180 and 200 respecively. Then I burned an EPROM with both fans set
to 190....now Fan #1 doesn't come on at all and fan #2 comes on at 210.

I'm using the Tuner CAT program to modify my EPROMs. Could this be my
problem? Ideas? Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the fan circuitry?

Thanks
Ken R.