affordable weather-pack crimper

Jurgen Hartwig jhartwig at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Mar 7 21:01:21 GMT 2002

> I've seen (and used) weatherpak connectors available in my local auto
parts stores, I haven't noticed metripak's. I'm sure there are pigtails, and
maybe some other auto parts stores around here may have them, but the
weatherpak setups i have found locally you build it all on your own; you buy
the pins, the seals, the plugs (for unused 'pins'), and you assemble from
the ground up. is this available with metripak connectors?

Metri-pack connectors are available from Waytek Wire (waytekwire.com).  They
have an online catalog.  If you use Metri-pack, you must buy their special
crimper, but it's also used on Sealed Splice connectors.  Sealed Splice
allow connectors with fuses and bus bars.  It's all detailed in their
catalog, or online.  Waytek's prices were much cheaper than the other guys,
and probably many times cheaper than buying single connector sets from the
local auto parts store.  However, you have to buy in minimum quantities,
which requires a bulk order.  We decided to invest in a collection, so that
wasn't a big deal.

Searches on the internet yielded poor results.  However, that was because
there are so many different spellings of Weatherpack.  The EFI archives
reflect this, as well.  There is one good reference on the GM-ECM site,
http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/faq/gm_connectors.html.  The Delphi catalog is
linked there and is worth a look.

Regards,
Jay