High-impedance injector off a low-impedance driver?

Geddes, Brian J brian.j.geddes at intel.com
Mon Mar 11 23:38:57 GMT 2002

Okay, after a little research and lots of good advice from Bruce of the
Megasquirt site, I've figured out that I can't run the two injector types in
parallel.

An EE friend of mine had the following idea:  what if I got an opamp, set it
to a gain of 1 (I think that makes it a voltage follower?), and wired the
inputs of the opamp in parallel with my low-impedance injector?  I could
then use the opamp's output to drive the high impedance injector.  It seems
like that should effectively recreate the ECU's injector driver signal for
my additional high-impedance injector, but have it draw it's current
directly from the battery/alternator.

I'm no EE though.  Any problems with a system like this?  And where would I
buy an opamp?

Thanks,
- Brian