National LM2907 Chip ?

Robert Wimmer wimmerr at georgetown.edu
Tue Mar 12 20:36:49 GMT 2002

Help!!!
I have an application for an rpm activated switch.  So instead of buying a $60 one from
Summit, I decided to build one using a National LM2907 chip.  I built the "speed switch"
circuit that National lists on their data sheet for the chip and it doesn't work.  I'm
using the output signal from the crank sensor which measures around 4.5 volts and 325hz
at idle.  Now I'm a ME not an EE, so trouble shooting a RC circuit is a little beyond me.

Has anyone built a circuit using this chip? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob W.