DIY_EFI Digest V6 #63

Craig Wroth craig.wroth at injectronics.com.au
Wed Mar 13 20:29:15 GMT 2002

> Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 10:24:55 -0800
> From: "Geddes, Brian J" <brian.j.geddes at intel.com>
> Subject: High-impedance injector off a low-impedance driver?
>
> All -
>
> Hello!  I'm new to this list - I just stumbled across it yesterday while
> doing some research on fuel injectors.  As a newbie, of course, I have a
> question.  :)
>
> Is it possible to run a high-impedance (saturated) fuel injector off a
> low-impedance (peak-and-hold) driver?  I have high-impedance

I am not sure what you are trying to do.  But Generally the Driver is
designed to work with a
specific kind of injector.
This come in three man types
High ohm
Low Ohm (current controlled)
Low Ohm + serries resistor.
The low ohm injector have a faster response time than the high ohm (don't
quote me on that)
Also paralleling them up would put stress on the driver (not good)
Easy solution.  Build your own driver from a couple of transistors and
trigger it from the desired injector you want it to be in time with. Well
maby easy ?

> injectors in my
> car (a '94 turbo mitsubishi), and would like to run a additional
> high-impedance injector in parallel with one of my stock low-impedance
> injectors.  What I've seen so far in my research makes me think it's
> possible, but I'm not quite sure enough yet to try it.  Has anyone done
> something like this?  Would I need to stick a resistor in before the
> high-impedance injector?
>
> Thanks,
> - - Brian Geddes

Craig Wroth