IR manifold design

Ron Schroeder rjs at bnl.gov
Thu Mar 14 08:01:20 GMT 2002

Hi,

I need to build a new manifold for my 4 cyl. inline engine.  The primary
operating range will be 1500 to 4000rpm.  Smoothness is the primary concern.

My major constraint is that the injectors can be no closer than about 6"
from the valves.  Would it be better to place the injectors just upstream or
just downstream of the butterflies (one per runner)?  What are the
advantages / disadvantages of either position?

Thanks

Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH
day 631 344-4561