Wideband for sale..??

Jurgen Hartwig jhartwig at midsouth.rr.com
Thu Mar 21 08:39:26 GMT 2002

> Soldering isnt a problem,however distinguishing a capacitor from a
resistor
> is a problem for me..LOL-if you know what i mean.---Your friend,
> Kris Weldy

Kris, I don't want to start an argument, but the DIY-WB kit is not too hard.
As far as my experience soldering, on a scale of 1-10, I would rate myself a
4 or 5, and that is if you count soldering copper water pipe.  Before the WB
kit, I have never soldered a circuit board.  There's a complete and well
written Dummy's Assembly Guide on the DIY-EFI server.  The kit I built tests
out fine using Bruce's testing procedures, but that was after I found the
voltage regulator and 1 transistor were mounted backwards.

If you added up the time I spent soldering, looking at web pages and saved
emails, time at junkyards looking for the connector (got yelled at by the
owner of a Honda shop. ouch!!!), I probably could have bought one of the
expensive O2 meters, but this is just a hobby, and my free time is just
that, free time.  However, you may wish to use your free time in another
fashion, and I respect that.

Just give it a thought.

Please no flames or arguments.  This is just a friendly email.  That is
all!!!

Regards,
Jay