programming for a MAF based system

les lesd at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 21 19:49:32 GMT 2002

Can someone point me to any hints for how to approach the
algorithms for fuel calculations, as they apply to a mass air
flow measuring fuel system?

At first look, it seems that all the 'normal' variables needed for
MAP systems just drop out of the equation. I suppose that I still need
a 2d map , to allow for richening under boost, but it just seems too
simple. I mean, other that for idle speed needs, rpm doesn't even seem
to enter the equation. Air mass is air mass.
I understand that the MAF is not linear, but a simple lookup table
should
fix that.

-Les