Broke my ZF Transaxle speedo drive.

Con Torrisi mini at bretts.com.au
Tue Mar 26 23:37:29 GMT 2002

From: "Lachlan Chapman" <chapmans at ihug.co.nz>

> Off topic, but
> What are your thoughts on what the late Todd Wilkes did to his Giocattolo
> before the accident?
I know what those cars are capable of and they are perfect for a twin turbo
V8 setup because of the space around the engine. Easy plumbing. And being
mid engined and rear wheel drive the traction and power loss factors are
good too. I'm even tempted to buy his old manifolds and slap a couple on
turbos on mine.....

He was given a lot of credence for the technology that went into his car.
Credit where credit is due but if you listen to the talk on this forum alone
there are many others around that have the capability to do the same. He had
the finances, the enthusiasm, the time, and the dedication to apply the
technology and make it work. For that I admire him.

I'm not a purist and I don't mind modifying cars. The loss of 007 in the
Giocattolo community is a real tragedy, but not as tragic as the loss of
Todd to his family and friends.

There are very few Giocattolos left that you would consider "stock" or
"original". Mine is one the closest but they were designed to be high
performance machines. They are easy to mod and most of them have been. I
don't know of many cars (off the race track) that weigh a little over 1000kg
and can handle 1000hp at the back wheels without serious body and chasis
tuning and modification.

However, I am torn between leaving mine original and playing with it.
Remember, eventually everybody wants more.

Cheers

Con

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org