[Diy_efi] Newbie with a simplified Motronic project

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 1 07:28:32 GMT 2002

--- arnie <arnie_ at charter.net> wrote:

> The point/intent of the MAF being self compensating
> is to CONTINUE, hopefully for the practical life of
> the vehicle, to meet the EPA specs the vehicle was
> originally built to, WITHOUT outside, meaning
> manual/hands on, input/adjustment.  It would then
> become apparent we are talking closed loop, which
> uses the O2 sensor input to maintain correct A/F
> ratio.  Without the O2 sensor input, how else to
> monitor and self compensate accordingly?

Huh?  I'm confused.  You start off saying that the MAF
does a great job insuring that changes in VE are
accounted for, and then go on to say that we HATE to
have an O2 sensor, or we can't account for changes in
VE.

Which is it?

I'll step forward and say it's the former.  A
MAF-based open-loop system can make quite good power
for the life of a vehicle without any outside intervention.

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |