[Diy_efi] Newbie with a simplified Motronic project

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Sat Nov 2 03:39:07 GMT 2002

The issue is not about changes in the sensor, its about changes
in your engine.  Cam, carb, intake, headers, boring, etc.

A closed loop sensor will fine tune any system steady state, but
won't be able to adjust open loop situations.

A MAP "assumes" certain engine breathing, but can't actually
sense any changes you have made.  A MAF actually MEASURES
the air coming in, so changes will be detected and at least
partially compensated for even in open loop situations.

Bruce Roe