[Diy_efi] Newbie with a simplified Motronic project

Eric D Byrd klox at juno.com
Sun Nov 3 03:14:01 GMT 2002

Thank you Adam,

I see your points.  Your commentary was helpful.  Every electrical
component ever manufactured eventually -- eventually -- experiences
changes in its operating characteristics due to age, especially if heat
is involved, and more especially if extreme variation of temperature is
involved.  If that weren't true, TV's would never break down, lightbulbs
would never burn out, digital systems would never fritz out.  That may be
irrelevant to the issue I was curious about, but it is true nonetheless.
And you are right, physics does not go out of calibration.  The trouble
is, the devices we build often don't account for physical effects that
seem irrelevant, or that we don't know about.  We didn't always know
about things like creep or fatigue in metals, and some people ended up
finding out the hard way.  That's just an example.  It's a mistake to
assume a device will never experience variations in its response, from
physical effects we haven't accounted for.

It's worthwhile to educate, and be educated.  But I have better things to
do with my time, than trade verbal abuse.