[Diy_efi] RE: [EECTuner/TwEECer] Cleaning a MAF

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.SE
Tue Nov 5 15:19:18 GMT 2002

> To: "'EECTuner at yahoogroups.com'" <EECTuner at yahoogroups.com>, DIY- EFI=20
<diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
> From: "Kimball, Jeffrey G" <jeffrey.g.kimball at boeing.com>
> Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 10:51:40 -0800
> Subject: RE: [EECTuner/TwEECer] Cleaning a MAF
>=20
> I haven't followed this issue up to now, but doesn't the EEC-IV
> "automatically" clean the wire?  One of the "brand X" systems I used in t=
he
> past, as part of it's "maintenance" software, actually had a function tha=
> once in a while would allow the wire to "get real hot" and burn off
> contaminants..

That's apparently a GM thing. The EEC does not do that, unfortunately. That=
=20
might have saved my rings this summer...

>=20
> Does the EEC do something similar?
>=20
> Jeff
>=20

Cheers,
Thomas

 more=20
info.....
>=20
>=20
> If you do not wish to belong to EECTuner, you may=20
> unsubscribe by sending an email to=20
>=20
> EECTuner-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com
> =20
>=20
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/=
=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

Real life:      Thomas T=F6rnblom             Email:  Thomas.Tornblom at Hax.S=
Snail mail:     HB Hax                      Phone:    +46  18 290 290
                Banvallsv=E4gen 14            Fax:      +46  18 290 291
                S - 754 40 Uppsala, Sweden  Cellular: +46  70 261 1372