[Diy_efi] RE: DIY-WB CalR summary

Phil Hunter diy-efi at t-n-e.com
Wed Nov 13 04:48:05 GMT 2002

> Phil,
>
> Just got my car running again today after being down for a month.
> One thing I noticed, I couldn't get my WB sensor to come out, I
> was cranking so hard I was afraid I would destroy it.  Must be
> welded to the threads...
>
> Anyway, if I get you a reading before starting up after sitting
> 12 hours, will that work?  You're looking for free air values?
> You need the voltage between J9 & J10 when powered up with 14
> volt supply?  Or will it suffice for me to disconnect the
> connector and just measure the CalR resistance?

For now, the goal of this exercise is just to collect some info on
the range of values of the calibration resistor w/o a lot of list
email traffic. As best you can, measure the resistor within the
connector, by itself, no connections to the circuit board. No need
to remove the sensor from your exhaust system.

BTW, I use high-temp anti-seize on all exhaust system threads, GM
#5613695 (probably obsolete # by now).

rgds,
philh
(digest)