[Diy_efi] Re: Looking for circuit to turn transfer pump

sy2th sy2th at direcway.com
Fri Nov 15 05:04:15 GMT 2002

Might be a totally off the wall idea, but how about:  tube connecting the
two tanks, comes in thru both tops, dips to lowest level of both tanks.  A
"T" in the middle of this 'balance pipe' at highest point in system - if
you draw a vacuum here till gasoline is present, you'll have filled the
tube w/ gas and now its become a syphon & it'll equalize the tanks.  Could
use engine vacuum with a float type thing to stop the suction when gas
raises the float, or use one of those domestic  heating system air bleed
valves - they're used in circulating hot water systems to purge any air
from the pipes.

Barry