[Diy_efi] WB Lambda Meter

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Sun Nov 17 04:59:16 GMT 2002

Hi,

> My company is currently developing a new wide-band Lambda Meter based on
> the NTK and Bosch Sensors using a new measurement principle. This principle
> uses proprietary algorithms for calculating Lambda from the sensor data
> 5. Digital Signal Processing for Lambda Signal sampled and processed at
> 128 times Sensor response speed. Overswing compensated and controlled using
> digital filtering algorithms.

what information does the sensor provide in that frequency-domain?
Why not using simple analog filter and lower sampling rates?
What do you gain by that and how? (I guess it would be hard to filter
overswing while in analog?)

> 9. Inputs for up to 5 additional analog sensor signals (like TPS, MAP/MAF,
> CT ...)

So this is well beyond a lambda circuit...
why not add some outputs, a "few" more lines and make a complete ECU than?
(or the chance at least for later SW development and home-hacking)

> 12. Serial Port for programming and data download. Downloaded data
> formatted into Excel compatible file and time-stamped (Windows download
> software included).

Will it have specified serial format or Linux software for download?

If I understand well it will only have analog output for the ECU.
(the digital is only good for logging or is it speedy enough for ECU?)
Why not have separate serial digital output especially for an ECU?

anyway, it sounds good.

   Marcell