[Diy_efi] Confirmation of resistors effected by parallelism ?

Sven Crouse svenc at qwest.net
Thu Nov 21 18:06:27 GMT 2002

Hi list.  The "Dummy's Guide to Building the DIY-WB" does not say that=20
parallelism effects R39 and R40, but I measure 26k Ohms ( 68k Ohm resisto=
r )=20
and 17.8k Ohms ( 22k Ohm ) respectively.  I just replaced R39 thinking it=
 was=20
bad, but old resistor is fine and new reads the same 26k Ohms.  Normal ?

In addition, I have not yet installed R36 so my understanding is that thi=
s=20
group ( i.e. R11, R14, R31, & R35, & R36 ) should not yet be effected by=20
parallelism.  I measure 9.12k Ohm on both R31 and R35 ( should be 10k Ohm=
 -=20
1% tolerance )   Both were checked before soldering.  Normal ?

Sven