[Diy_efi] LPG injection

Bob B saltracer at shaw.ca
Thu Nov 21 18:06:47 GMT 2002

LPG injection
This raises some interesting issues.  I run some LPG small block chevs using
a mixers rather than injection.  Whenever you lower the pressure it
certainly does want to freeze so we use a hot heater water through the
regulator to keep from freezing up. When you first start cold the flow is
low so it doesn't freeze if it is not too cold outside.  If really cold you
have to pre-heat the regulator because as temps go below -40 F liquid
propane stays liquid when released into the atmosphere .  So if you could
run the intercooler through the regulator and pre-heat the propane enough
while dropping the pressure to about 45 psi, you might be able to keep it
from freezing as it was released from the injector.  This assumes that the
injector handle gaseous propane and you have some other way of heating the
regulator when not on the boost.  Just some thoughts
Bob