[Diy_efi] 7727 With Mild 6 - 8 PSI Blower...???

Marteney, Steve Steve_Marteney at DRSOptronics.com
Thu Nov 21 18:27:04 GMT 2002

There was a lot of discussion several months to a year ago about a topic
similar to this.  Topics discussed were using a 730 for boost (there has
been mention of someone completing a 730 2Bar map sensor code change) and
adapting a 747 to a V8 app.  Search in this year's and last year's archives
and you are bound to find these threads.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Dayson [mailto:djdayson at attbi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 8:07 PM
To: gmecm at diy-efi.org; Post DIY_EFI
Subject: [Diy_efi] 7727 With Mild 6 - 8 PSI Blower...???

Hi all...

I've been talking with some who are successfully running mild 6 - 8 PSI
Intercooled Blowers on mostly stock LT1's with 1 BAR MAP's. I'm hoping to
try the same with the 727/L98  combo in my 91 Z07 Vette. Since this is
with a stock cast bottom end, I realize that perfect charge temps, spark,
and fuel are required for reliability!

They're tuning the "PE" and "Percent of TPS to enable PE" values, and the
"WOT Fuel and Spark" for Boost conditions.
Also, the "Injector Constant and Offset" for bigger injectors and
upgraded fuel pump too.

I've learned that meaningful boost only happens at roughly 80% TPS and
up, so then the above seems like a good way to eliminate the FMU?

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this concept, and
hoping they could give me a more detailed explanation/advice, or point me
at the relevant archives...

Thanks...

Doug