[Diy_efi] New project

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Fri Nov 22 14:49:37 GMT 2002

Why wouldn't VE be affected by pre-turbo intake path characteristics?  VE
describes the amount the cylinder is actually filled compared to the total
cylinder volume.  Just because a turbo can give > 100% VE doesn't mean a
restriction in front of the turbo isn't keeping the VE from being higher.
In order for a turbo to "push" the air at the engine (not my analogy) it
has to pull it from somewhere.

Try it this way.  What do you think the VE of the engine would be if the
intake were 100% blocked in front of the turbo?

Shannen