[Diy_efi] LPG injection

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 23 03:45:27 GMT 2002

Yes fine, but you are forgetting the pressure change *as well as*
the phase change - it is effectively cumulative by p1v1/t1=p2v2/t2

Go from liquid methanol at 100psi to liquid methanol at stp and big
deal - negligible cooling effect - nice but depends what your' used to ;)

Do the same for LPG - now thats another story !

bear in mind, LPG is *not* a liquid at STP whilst methanol is !

Spray a little LPG from an upside down tank on your finger for comparison
cooling effect, PS: Kids - dont try this at home, or in dads
back shed either  ;-)

rgds

mike
PS: Observe the no-smoking sign

At 11:48 PM 21/11/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>"Simply evaporates." You are aware the latent heat of vaporization of
methanol
>is 3340 BTU/gal? That's a LOT of heat getting taken out of the air. Guess
what
>propane's is.....only 775. You also will use much less gal/min of propane,
as it
>does have 243% as much horsepower per gallon. Not a problem with methanol,
just
>spray more. So let's say you are injecting 200HP worth of fuel (propane or
>methanol) on top of your gasoline.
>
>You will get (3340/775)*2.43=10.47 times as much charge air cooling with
>methanol
>
>Do the math before making assumptions.
>
>Direct LPG into the ports is nice, good high octane fueling suppliment.
But if