[Diy_efi] 85 tbi 4.3 efi CHEVROLET

Darryl Gilbert dgilbert at kenick.com
Tue Nov 26 16:02:31 GMT 2002

Hello: I was wondering if someone might help me with a EFI problem. I have a
85 El Camino 4.3 TBI  ECM 1226868. Using WINALDL everything seems to
function properly as far as i can tell. My problem is the acclerator pump
function seems to have gone out the window, When i open the throttle  on the
quick side the engine sort of just dies just like the old acclerator pump
dried out and quit working. The MAP is working, The TPS is working, Temp
sensor working. The choke function seems to work properly. Just wondering is
someone has been there with this sort of problem. I have yet to verify pump
pressure. Rounding up propper fittings to attach fuel pressure gauge. Both
injectors are working ( two in this unit) Cleaned and checked the IAC pintle
and pintle socket. O2 sensor is not all that old and appears to be working
from what i can tell via the laptop.
Thank you
Darryl  Frustrated