[Diy_efi] Re: Custom detonation detecting

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 28 05:59:03 GMT 2002

Would you be doing the whole f/back on a PID type controller
or perhaps multiple parallel PID type threaded segments, I
was toying with something like this in 82 when I did a thesis on
using a Z80 for engine control of a Ford escort 1.6L using VW
K-jetronic parts - back then the PID was a bit too complex for
me - decisions of transient vs steady-state where a bit of an
overhead in s/w, these days its run of the mill mostly.

How much logging memory would you be using ? Would you set it
up as a rolling fifo type with Kalman filtering for O2 and AFM
inputs  for rate of change info as well ?

rgds

Mike