[Diy_efi] Tachometer - Bit off topic but maybe somebody can help?

Matt Donohoe mdonohoe at telpacific.com.au
Tue Oct 22 19:04:01 GMT 2002

Sorry to ask this here guys but I thought about going to Jaycar/DSE but the
kit doesnt seem to have what I want...

We are currently using a Honda GX120 196cc(12.0ci) single cylinder 4 stroke
to pump the dam dry(it needs to be re-bored to allow the spring to fill it
better)

Honda says that the pump is best run at 3000rpm but it has no gauge etc. I
was wanting to build an inductive pickup type... I can get easy access to
the spark plug lead... LED/7 Segment display preferred, I've done 1 module
of digital logic so I can pretty much interface most things to seven segment
if required...

Thanks

Matt Donohoe