[Diy_efi] Re: Question about speed density, etc.

Startled Jackrabbit bluefire211 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 06:41:12 GMT 2002

I think there may be a little confusion over what I
meant in my first post.

My problem is not that the sensor would be past its
limits.  What I am worried about is once my intake
reaches the maximum pressure allowed by the wastegate
(which is currently set at 12 psi, no spikes, rock
solid, nearly independent of weather) and I am not at
full throttle and then I go to WOT.  If more air flows
into the engine, I am still at 12 psi, so the computer
doesn't know about it.  If it increased to 15 psi, the
computer would be able to read that, but the fact is
it cannot go over 12.

So, to clarify, the sensor will not be going out of
its range.  (I'm going to use a 36 psi absolute
sensor, which reads about 14.7 at atmospheric which
gives me 21.3 psi of positive pressure before the
sensor overruns.  If I run that much boost, my engine
will be toast anyway)

However, I don't think this is a concern, as was
stated in a prior post, MAP is MAP.  So going to full
throttle when I'm already at full boost shouldn't
matter.  At least, I hope, so is that correct?

Thanks for the replies.  I appreciate all the
thoughts!

Over and out,
JeremyB.