[Diy_efi] cheap Ford coil packs

Dan dan at w3eax.umd.edu
Mon Sep 2 14:43:20 GMT 2002

Greetings all,

I found a guy on the net who was selling knockoff Ford 4 cylinder coil packs
very cheap, and he's got thousands of them.  The catch is that they failed
quality control.  He claims about 30% of the tested coil packs from the lot
experienced internal arcing during environmental testing.  He claimed the
testing was harsher than actual use, and he expected failure to occur before
50k miles.  He was asking $5 per pack (plus shipping).  I figure for that
little money it may be worth getting some for experimentation.  Anyone
interested?  Group buy?

dan