[Diy_efi] Motronic fuel cut on excess boost??

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Mon Sep 2 14:43:36 GMT 2002

> Yeah, you just have a flapper door. North American
> Equivalents were running LH at this point, the euro
> Motronic cars use air doors.
> Perry, on the scaling thing, what if it were scaled
> with a slightly more sophisticated circuit- ie the MAp
> signal is first fed to a comparator, which will then
> route the signal to one of 2 possible op amps to scale
> the voltage differently for low load/vaccuum and higher
> loads? I had high hopes for being able to scale my MAF

That was what I was thinking of doing.  Those MAF tuner
boxes do the same thing.  The only thing is that you need
to find a really high CMRR R-R opamp for the thing, or you'd
need another regulated power source to compensate for the
dropout.

> based volvo setup to run bigger injectors, but do to
> the non-linear way in which pretty much all of our
> sensors report air mass (or manifold pressure) I think
> it'll only really work with a fairly minor increase,
> I'm going to replace the 30# injectors with 35#, I'm
> hoping an AMM tweak will suffice. I'm starting to think
> the best bet is to either re-map, buy a fuel controller
> like an HKS or Apex-i, or find some other way to add
> more fuel (all of these thngs short of a stand-alone).
> Any htoughts on whether or not I'll get away with the
> 30lb-to-35lb swap with a little AMM output tweak? Seems
> like a pretty small change.

It's easy to do if you're trying to tell the computer you're
getting less air, just use a multi-turn trimmer pot as a scaler.

> -Kenny
> AKA Captain Bondo

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin