[Diy_efi] Direct fire from wasted spark?

Derek derek_obanion at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 2 14:43:36 GMT 2002

My fuel management computer only has 4 coil outputs, and I have 6 cylinders. Is
it possible to made some sort of electrical circuit, that will switch the
ignition outputs between two coils, based upon a signal from the cam sensor? So
basically, given the firing order (1-5-3-6-2-4), and outputs from the ECU of
IGN1, IGN2, IGN3, it would go like this:

IGN1-Coil1
IGN2-Coil5
IGN3-Coil3

Then the box switches the outputs, so that they go like this:

IGN1-Coil6
IGN2-Coil2
IGN3-Coil4

It would switch every crank rotation.

Anyone try this? Know if it's possible, or impossible? BTW I am using LS1 coils
with built in ignitors, and the IGN signal is a 5V square wave. The circuit
doesn't need to handle any real amperage.