[Diy_efi] Fuel rail sizing

Grant Beaty gbeaty at ufl.edu
Mon Sep 2 14:44:37 GMT 2002

Does the diameter of a fuel rail need to be larger than that of the fuel
line itself? (like a plenum on an intake manifold?) I've got my stock fuel
rail in front of me, its a side-feed rail, and it has the same diameter as
the 6 AN fittings welded onto each end. Its got 6 550cc injectors, which
seem to be prefectly happy running %100 duty cycle all day long (although I
will not likely run them that high), do I need a larger fuel rail? (Yes I
have searched the archives before posting this)

Thanks for any help,
Grant Beaty
'97 Toyota Supra