[Diy_efi] Re: idle control strategy for SD systems w/o bypass air control?

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Wed Sep 4 14:29:25 GMT 2002

Hi,

Ron Schroeder writes:
> I was thinking the same with my 4 cyl inline engine with 4 TB's at first.  I
> ended up with 4 little ports just below the butterflies and only 1  Idle Air
> Valve leading to all 4 ports.

This sounds good.

I was thinking of adding a small actuator's output mechanically to
the pedal. So that the pedal can do 0..90 degrees and
the actuator can add 0..15 degrees to the butterfly angle.
(4 butterflies on the same shaft)
(well, at high /say 83 degrees/
pedal angle actuator could only add small /7/ degrees, naturally,
but for IAC (pedal at 0 degrees) this should be OK.

Mechanical addition seems quite simple.
(I think flight modelling guys can recommend some actuator
for the purpose).

Regardless of the IAC solution, can it be used to add
extra air at some places, eg. at high  differential (growing) TPS,
where normally the ECM would just richen?

thx:
 Marcell