[Diy_efi] 2.0 diss module with the 1227749

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Sep 7 04:45:08 GMT 2002

Djfreggens at aol.com wrote:

> ive been thinking about running the 2.0 4cyl dis with the 1227749 on my honda
> turbo project. what has me wondering is the ref angle for teh crank sensor.
> does anybody know this off hand ????
The stock location for the crank sensor in the gm car is 60 deg btdc.

the wiring is simple enough as the dis
> calculates its own ref pulse for the ecm. then ecm still uses the same signal
> to contorl dwell and timing, so who knows what the ref for the dis module is
ECM sends out a pulse 50% high, 50% low.  This implies that dwell
calculation ends at 1/2 total time of the reference pulse.  Each hurdle
that has been leapt has led to another in a similar project.  Hopefully all
will be figured out eventually.
Shannen