[Diy_efi] Spark knock detection

Perry Harrington pedward at apsoft.com
Wed Sep 11 02:58:33 GMT 2002

Hello,

I was reading through my Corvette manual last night and came across an interesting
tidbit.  The Corvette has a knock sensor situated on the right hand side of the
block.  That sensor feeds to a box that has 4 wires going to it.  The manual said
that the ESC module sends a 10v signal to the ECU when everything is happy, but
when knock is detected that 10v signal drops to ground.

Since there are only 4 wires going to the box, I'd assume power, ground, KS, and
out.

This could be quite useful to the DIY crowd WRT DIY fuel injection computers.

I'm gonna look into this a bit more, since I've been looking for a knock
detection mechanism for my 302.

--Perry

--
Perry Harrington			Data Acquisition & Instrumentation, Inc
perry at dainst dot com					 http://www.dainst.com/

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty or safety. Nor, are they likely to end up with either.
                             -- Benjamin Franklin