[Diy_efi] data acquisition from engine with PC soundcard

Marcell Gal cell at x-dsl.hu
Thu Sep 12 03:31:23 GMT 2002

Hi guys,

Before designing my ECM (using code and board from
efi332) I'd like to check how the current DELCO
ECM drives the motor (at least injector pulsewidth,
timing, spark timing and the MAF, perhaps TPS).

I was thinking of using a notebook computer and a soundcard
(a digital multimeter for calibration), but I'd like to
not damage nor the notebook nor the engine.
I do not want to reassemble the DELCO code..
(I have a TBI with 1 injector and a DIS on a 4 cyl)

Does anyone have experience in this area?
(or knows about articles?)

thanx:
 Marcell