[Diy_efi] 2.0 diss module with the 1227749

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sat Sep 14 14:41:54 GMT 2002

Djfreggens at aol.com wrote:

> well here is my thought on this very subject and i will take any flames or
> compliments.as the diameter of the wheel decreases the speed of the trigger
> will go down at the outer most edge. even if the wheel were the right pattern
> this change in speed could drive the module nuts. think about it now the
> wheel is going solwer with a smaller trigger area. even properly scalled its
> still not what it had when it was first desinged. by changing the dimension
> of the wheel you could be inadverently scrweing with it. its actually apretty
> simple concept really a 36x drive cant read a cd rom disk spinning at 48x
> speeds can it ??

This is a different concept altogether.  The module generates an est signal
based on the time between pulses.  The pulses happen once every sixty
degrees.  Engine rpm and crankshaft speed (is angular velocity the correct
term here?) are different items altogether.  If you could change the
diameter of the crank while it spins, it would still take the same amount
of time to complete a revolution.  The module is interested in counting
pulses and generating pulses.
Shannen