[Diy_efi] GM TPI fuel lines/rails and Saginaw fittings

Marteney, Steve Steve_Marteney at DRSOptronics.com
Wed Sep 18 15:09:09 GMT 2002

Sorry for being slightly off-topic, but I'm building a custom EFI system for
a Firebird that currently has GM TPI injection (350-V8).  I have come across
some conflicting stories with regard to fuel line fittings and adapters.  I
am told the existing fuel lines coming in (one feed, one return) are Saginaw
fittings, specifically 16mm x 1.5 and 14mm x 1.5.  Now, I also see other
data (specifically from Accel) where they sell an adpater kit that contains
5/16" and 3/8" fittings.  Anybody know which is correct, or are these the
same things?

Related, I am looking for a 5/16" Saginaw (male) to -6AN male adapter.  I
know Accel sells the 74730 kit that has both 3/8 and 5/16, but I don't want
the 3/8 fitting and I definitely don't want to pay $30 for both.  I have
looked at ANPlumbing.com, Earl's, and Russell (forgot Aeroquip) but have
found nothing.  Anybody know a source for these fittings beside Accel?  As a
knock against Accel, their 74560 rail-mount adjustable fuel pressure
regulator comes with a female 5/16" Saginaw as the return port and they ONLY
sell the two fittings together, which I find stupid.

Thanks for the help,
Steve Marteney